What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Caniblistic Traps!!

• Thread starter yourlordnsav
  • Start date
Y

yourlordnsav

Yeah, I awoke this morning to find that one of the freshly sproted buds had made the mistake of growing into another trap.. which closed on the bud. Should I amputate them both? It's never a good thing if the trap can't close all the way. Thanks, and please help.

the trap will probably re-open...

When a trap closes, the struggle of the prey animal kees the trap 'interested' if it is triggered, and then nothing happens, it will grow back open in a day or two...

It is a designe mechanism there to save the plant energy...

I would adopt a wait and see attitude.

LOL this happens all the time with my plant-don't worry it's perfectly normal.

My &#360.02

I would pull the trap that has been eaten. only if you can do so and not harm it.

When traps eat eachother ( sad)...the one that is eating usually will die..while the one that is eaten will be fine. If you want both traps...make them both go to opposite corners

When it rains really hard, some of the soil jumps up into the traps, and my traps eat them. :). Must be delicious.

Patrick

Lol i've noticed that too. Putting them out when it rains is benifical for them i reckon.It rained last night here*sigh*finally....

Its been raining too much here. Two of my flytraps finally are recovering and have their first green growth.. and its been raining for the last three days. I hope it doesn't turn black. :-(

Pat

Back