What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mould - can the plant survive?

B

barb

I recently took my flytrap out of dormancy in my fridge. I had to put in some new compost due to a dry-out problem I got help with earlier. I supplied distilled water in a saucer beneath the pot. 9 days later I notice what may be the start of mould on the surface of the old compost near the plant. It looks like a sort of greyish sheen with a slightly furry appearance. I've had no signs of growth from the plant yet.

Is this an indication the plant has died? Is there anything I can try to save it?

Any help gratefully received

Regards
Barb

Hi Barb, what compost are you using? There are several things that can cause green fuzz on the soil surface including fungus, moss, liverworts, glassworts, slime molds, etc. If the rhysome (bulb) or leaves are still green the plant is still alive, just leave it and it should start to grow soon. Good luck!

mine has white fuzz what is it.

Back