What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

peach fuzz on soil

Well instead of posting if this is a good idea then doing it I kinda did it reverse. In my CP Terrorium Around the edges where there is no plants a white peach fuzz started to appear. It was only around the edge of the tank and not near any plants so I kinda tilled the dirt with my fingers and now its gone and about a inch down in the soil mixture.

Hope this wasn't a bad idea.

Keep an eye on it you may have spread the spores more but then you may not have and eveything will be fine just gotta wait and see.

One thing though you need to figure out something as far as air circulation so you can prevent it from happening again.

I usually leave the top off at night time, but during the day I just have the lid cracked a tad to keep it nice and humid in there.  I am not useing incadecent lighting anymore so the bulbs put off very little heat as it is.  If this stuff comes back is there anything that can kill it but not the plants?

I got some more of this stuff now
sad.gif

Its close to the plants now so I don't think I can do what I did before without hurting the plants. Any suggestions on what to use now? I got some funicide mix from this site so do I just spray that stuff on it?

WHITE PEACH FUZZ IS VERY BAD!! Green peach fuzz is fine! If you have white peach fuzz forming in your terrariums this is thee instructions on how to get rid of it! Take a cue-tip and wet it very lightly then go down and whipe off the white fuzz.

actually i did that and the roots of this "white fuzz" (fungus) stay and it just regrows

Back