What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dehumidifier water

• Thread starter Papatoad
  • Start date
Is it ok to use dehumidifier water to water vft's? A friend of mine said it was almost the same as distilled. Any truth to this?

Is it ok to use dehumidifier water to water vft's? A friend of mine said it was almost the same as distilled. Any truth to this?

Dehumidifier water is fine as long as the coils and collection tray for the condensation are kept clean. Otherwise the algae and molds the were growing in the dehumidifier could be put onto your plants when you water with it.

Finally a good place to ask this.
tounge.gif
What's the best way to clean one of these things?

Thank you. I have the booklet on keeping dehumidifier clean.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Papatoad @ Sep. 05 2003,05:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thank you. I have the booklet on  keeping dehumidifier clean.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I don't.
tounge.gif

I use it to water my plants, but you do need to keep it clean. If you have any "slime" on the side of your holding tank you have a problem and should boil the water and let it cool down before you water. This will kill any bad stuff.

Back