What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another VFT pic

its a 5 - 6 years old plant

dioneae1.jpg

Note: since my subtropic plants grow outside, nearly all traps are close because those damned insects seem to love this plants too
sad.gif

Nice picture
smile.gif

gorgeous

sad.gif
wish mine was that big lol mines not even a year yet

but I must say that is a gorgeous plant

Stunning!! What is your soil mixture on that plant?
wink.gif

I change the soil every year shortly before the dormacy is over. For this plant, I used some glass sand and peat moss. But I swiched to a mix of peat/glasssand/fine gravel and some small clayballs for my new plants. The plants grew only under artifical light until I moved into a new flat 3 weeks ago where I can grow them outside. Some of my Sarracenias have burnmarks due to the sun (especially the psittacina), but I think that they will adapt to it, if not, I will move the sensitve plants into the shadow. Oh, one more thing- I made a little experiment after the dormacy: I let the sister plant, which was the bigger one last year, flower from all vegetation points (I think five) and cut off the flowerstalks of this one. Guess what, that one who did flower is a tiny pity plant, I hope she will surive the winter. So in future, I wont let my VFTs flower.

BTW- Here is the same plant at end of April, only grown with artifical light

dioneae2.jpg

UGH I am so jealous!!! since mine took a dive off of the balconey they just havent been the same
sad.gif

Lovely plants guys
wink.gif

Hoe! Hoe my god! Holy uhmmm..... holy cricket! That things amazing dude

Those pics are really nice.Are those common flytraps? One of the traps seem really red but is partly of covered by another trap.
wow.gif

yes, its only one plant- it has grown four or five extra vegetationpoints after dormacy. I broke them apart when I repotted the plant so it has enough space to grow. The traps which are full red are the old ones- most of them are closed anyway or not in the picture.

I am glad that you like the picture.

Back