What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Small Pots

I found these most ADORABLE tiny ceramic 1 ounce (2 inches high by 2 inches in diameter) pots at Canadian Tire today. I know that VFT's usually only need a small area for the root, but is this too small?
confused.gif
The reason I ask is I still have 2 more VFT's coming bare-root, and I'm wondering if these pots will be too small for the root area and if the plants will suffer?

Thanks anyone who can help!  
wink.gif

how big are the plants a 2 inch pot is kind of small for a mature plant i would say the smallest 3 inch

Aw, they might be too small then. Luckily I picked up some 4 ounce pots! The VFT's I have coming are 2-3 years old I believe. The traps are probably about 1 inch. So I think they're probably mature.

I have 2 sundews coming too, although I have no idea how big they'll be.
biggrin.gif

well one inch venuflytraps wont do well in a 2 inch pot but good in a 3 inch or more

Okie Dokie, thanks! Too bad though, these pots are so cute! I was hoping to find something to use them for!
wink.gif

no problem

and a small sundew would do well in the pots if you would like

Thanks! I'll have to see how large the sundew's root systems are once they get here.
biggrin.gif

Back