What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dang i'm hooked now

After reading all the forums I'm hooked now on trying to grow some CPs.

I ordered a Pitcher palnt,a Sundew,and a Green Dragon VFT. The plant care FAQs recommend that the Sundew and Pitcher Plant be kept sitting in a tray of water.

My question is: can I keep the Green Dragon VFT in the same manner or will it rot? Or perhaps I could keep the VFT in the same tray but elevated on stones so the base is not submerged.Thoughts and tips greatly appreciated.

I live in the high desert of central Oregon and humidity here is almost nonexisttant.I am growing a common VFT in a terrarium but I have no more room for more plants or another terrarium.Outdoor growing is out of the question here due to climatic considerations.

I could move to the other side of the Cascade range where the humidity is soggy year round but the wife says that's a bit extreme.(just kidding)

I keep my VFT's in a tray with just enough water that it will dry out in about 2 days, when it's empty I fill it again.

Back