What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

peat moss

can candian peat moss be used by it self with out any perlite or other stuff?

if so, i have a bag of it that has been open for about a year, and water is able to get in there.
so basically what i am asking is, can i use candian peat moss that has been weather(water gotten in the bag) to use as potting media, and could i transplant it with in the next week or so?

Depends on what kind of water leaked into the bag (rain and distilled water is ok). But if it tap water I would not use it.
From my experience you would need some thing to go with peat moss. Perlite would work also sand just make sure nothing is added to the sand (minerals).

the vft i got it has that live stuff will that contiune to live if i put it in a larger pot?
the water that has leak in there is rainwater.

Vft do not need to be in a big pot a 3in pot would do. I see no prob with rainwater just make sure it is not moldy. If you want to transplant a vft I would wait until next dormancy to transplant. But if you want I would still mix the soil with perlite or sand to be safe.

Travis

Back