What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help!

J

jackrabbit

I have a very small terrarium purchased from lowes about 4"x4"x10". Inside are pitcher plants, VFT's and sundew....It is getting pretty crowded in there and I am thinking about transplanting to a small aquarium...what would be a good side and is there anything special i need to know about moving them...i am new to the plants and don't want them dying off. Right now several pitchers have turned brown and several traps have died.

If you don't have them in seperate pots, for the VFT's your best bet would be to put them into their own individual 4 inch pots. It makes it much easier to move them for dormancy, etc. I don't know much about the other plants yet, so someone else will have to help you there!
My setup is a 23 gallon glass aquarium. I have 4 VFT's, 2 sundews and some mimosa seedlings (not CP's). There is still PLENTY of room for more plants. I have 3 lights in the lid, 2 60 watt cool glo grow lights and one 90 watt of the same. My plants are all about 8-10 inches from the light, and so far the VFT's seem to be doing really well. I lose a trap from time to time too...but I'm trying not to transplant mine until after dormancy. I just clip them off and I'm still getting new growth. As long as you're seeing new growth the plant itself should be fine! Hope this helps a bit....
smile.gif

Back