What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help

A

antz4u

Hi, I am really new at this so i have a question. I bought this venus flytrap at lowes. It came in a plastic hard container, I was jsut wondering it doesnt seem to be cramped but should I leave the container on it at all times , it wouldnt be in full sun, and also should i burn a pin hole size at the top for a litttle air cirulation??

thanx

lose the container. Flytraps do not need very high humidity. Do grow very well with humidity in the 40's-60's etc. The container can overheat very quickly even in part sun.

see thats the problem the humidty in nothern texas is like 0% thats why i keep it on

see thats the problem the humidty in nothern texas is like 0% thats why i keep it on

0% humidity? I have just looked up some of the weather conditions in N.Texas and it most cities average 30% humidity.
I would pot the flytraps in the center of a large pot. This will keep humidity up. Keep the soil wet. If the temperatures seem excessively high and the humidity is extremely low, provide some shade(50%) during the hottest hours of the afternoon.

Thanks a bunch

The outside humidity and inside humidity might not be the same. Sometimes on the inside, it's much lower. The large pot idea should work.

Back