What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying vfts

I have been to nurseries, home improvment centers, such as Home depot, lowes, Frank's nursery, and wal-mart, but none seem to carry vfts. Is there a certain time of year they carry them or is it a hit/miss situation where they only have them sometimes? I have been trying to get varieties of vft, but no stores seem to carry vfts.

LOOK NO FARTHER MY FRIEND! this is the place for you
smile.gif

here at pft.com you can order all kinds of fly traps
smile.gif
SHIPPINg is cheap, the vft's are at a very nice offordable price! and they are in my opinion 100% better than the other nursuries
smile.gif
and here at pft, they ship ALL YEAR AROUND!!!

BUT anyway, to answer your question, walmart usualy has em in about april/may till november i think

duno about home depot

but if you cant find any, the place is here, they come in EXCELLENT conditions
smile.gif

i just rescue 2 vfts from a wal mart superstore,i dont think regular wal mart stores dont carry them.the wal mart vfts were in worse shape than any i have rescue from anywhere and they cost 3 bucks.now they are happy in there 8 inch pot i repotted them into with plenty of distilled water in there saucer.
wink.gif

Yeah, you know, some places carry them, some do not. Home Depot in CT, and Brooklyn do not carry them, but in MA they do. The stores vary... My brother got mine for me in MA (home depot) and it looked REAL sad. Very unhealthy. I haven't purchased from PFT yet, but plan on it very soon. Why not purchase a plant from the right people who know how to care for it in the first place. I bet you'll be much happier in the long run. Just do it! Bit the bullet.

i have to agree pft.com offers the most healthiest plants that i have ever seen anywhere period.
biggrin.gif

Wal-Mart's success is testament to the "price over all else" credo and its consequenses. In this case, however, you can get a better quality plant for less than even W-M can sell it.

I bought four rhizomes here, they arrived in great shape, and they are all alive and growing, even after some spectacular blunders on my part.

Every other plant from other dealers, reputable or no, local or no, has been either infested with animals or half-dead.

Steve

Back