What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My fly trap flowered!

Same here...just club photo.
smile.gif

wow.gif
thats so pritty. Who ever said VFT flowers where plain was wrong! yeh, I have another excuss to breed my pritties!

Ahhh! There it is, I saw it this time! Yes, my flowers were that pretty too...I think whoever said they weren't much to look at didn't look through a Mother's eyes! The flowers are beautiful.
smile.gif
It's not so pretty once they close up and die though.
sad.gif
wink.gif

I'm glad some people could see it... yes like all flowers they look very ugly when they shrivle up and die, but at least you get seeds!
smile.gif

Ahhh....so getting back to origional topic, it's sometime after they shrivel and die that I'll get the seed?
confused.gif
smile.gif

yes. (when the stem holding the flower on the scape compleatly turns brown...)(NOT THE PLANT&#33
wink.gif

I went to see how the flowers were, and
I SEE IT! I SEE THE SEEDS THROUGH THE PEDALS! SEEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHO-HO! YEAH! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALY SOME SEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOPS, I SEE THE SEEDS, BUT JUST THE FLOWER PART IS BLACK. WAIT TILL JUST THE FLOWER IS BLACK, NOT THE WHOLE STEM ON THE SCAPE HOLDING THE FLOWERS.
smile.gif

I JUST TOOK APART TWO OF 5 FLOWERS AND I GOT seed!
YES!!!!

it's hard...you have to take apart the flower petals to reveal the ovary or seed pod or whatever it's called and carfully take it apart and remove the seeds carfuly by rubbing it with a tooth pic and keep bubbing until you get at least 10 seeds!

MY TURN! WHOO HOO I GOT SEED! I took apart two of my flowers today and I got seed from both! Only two had seed, but I got 20 seeds or more out of them!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

wow! cool! I haven't sowed mine yet, and they haven't been in the fridge. do you think the seeds will still germanate?

spec73, read your savage garden. it says the seeds can be sown immediately or refrig. for later use. what kind of vft's are they.

green dragon. I've had the seeds for a month without being refrigerated. are they still good?

Back