What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the red dragon vft

wow.gif
I have a Red Dragon VFT on the way from California Carnivores and I was wondering if they are more difficult to care for than a normal VFT? Are they mostly red in coloration? I would also like some information on how much direct sunshine this plant requires as in the past I have been known to kill plants with too much sunshine - I am sort of paranoid now about it.But I have read that the VFT loves direct sun and needs about 4 hours a day of sunlight.Is this true? also how moist should the plant be kept? should it sit in a tray of water or will this incur rootrot? I really appreciate any tips and info everybody!!!!!!!
rolleyes.gif

The Evil Spider Hunter

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have a Red Dragon VFT on the way from California Carnivores and I was wondering if they are more difficult to care for than a normal VFT? Are they mostly red in coloration? I would also like some information on how much direct sunshine this plant requires as in the past I have been known to kill plants with too much sunshine - I am sort of paranoid now about it.But I have read that the VFT loves direct sun and needs about 4 hours a day of sunlight.Is this true? also how moist should the plant be kept? should it sit in a tray of water or will this incur rootrot? I really appreciate any tips and info everybody!!!!!!![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
1) Yup, they are harder to care for than regular VFTs
2) they can be pure blood red in coloration, when given the properlighting (4 hours direct morning sun each day)
3) I use the tray meathod for watering my flytraps. Just keep one inch of distilled water in the tray, and when the tray dries out, I prefer to let it dry out for 2 days, then I add water again.
alien.gif

Back