What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess what!!!

FlytrapGurl

apple rings.. what more can i say?
I'm going to get a second VFT sometime this week!!! Since I only have one it just seems that I just don't have enough! I'm going to get it from Rockledge Gardens which is about an hour, maybe less, from here. I think I'll name it ''BugBGon''. So in a couple days I'll have TWO VFTs instead of just ONE.

I'm s:eek: happy!!!
smile.gif

Hey, looks like the addiction is starting to kick in!

You just need some green, red and dente PFT ones now!

(Edited by Alvin Meister at 3:35 pm on April 16, 2002)

YAY! Anteater will now have a friend
smile.gif

Ahhh... Rockledge Gardens. They do have some nice neps but I don't think I would go for their VFT's. Check out the butterfly garden, they have a really nice nep in there. Take my advice with a grain of salt but I'm pretty sure the best VFT's are from here (PFT). Enjoy Rockledge Gardens...

bwahahahahaha you are feel the carniverous plant craze 1 will turn into2, 2 will turn into 6, 6 will turn into 16,16 will turn into a bunch!

Jim

yeah i started with one now i have nine

November 2001 I had one cp, now I have 21
smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Dyflam on 9
wow.gif
6 pm on April 16, 2002
Ahhh... Rockledge Gardens. They do have some nice neps but I don't think I would go for their VFT's. Check out the butterfly garden, they have a really nice nep in there. Take my advice with a grain of salt but I'm pretty sure the best VFT's are from here (PFT). Enjoy Rockledge Gardens...
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm... That's strange because the last time I went there, which was about a week or so ago, to get a Bag O' Bugs for my garden, the VFTs looked perfect. Maybe you were there during dormancy season?

I was there about 6 weeks ago. They probably got a new shipment in. If they look good then I would go for it.

I started my collection with a venus flytrap, and now I have eight VFTs, a sundew, a nep, two sarrs, a utric, and a darlingtonia!!! Yea, holy moly right? Thing is, i started three and a half monthes ago... Oh yea, not to mention the fact taht i have a gazzilion seeds, and i'm starting a new sundew from a leaf (it has roots now)!!!

Be careful!!! I dont consider it a waste of money. Oh, hehehe, i'm buying three pygmie drosera this week tooo... ooh, greg...

That sounds all too familiar, once you get hooked on Sarracenias, 1 plant becomes 2, then you see a plant whichis different from the one you have got then you discover colour forms, then named location plants... suddenly or so it seems 3,000 plants and still growing!!

Collecting is fun!!

Yup, you get 1 vft, the craze goes on, you get sundews, bladderworts, butterworts, pitcher plants....You join a society.....you meet people......more plants you havent got.......you get more.......you get another greenhouse.......you fing that juicy hunkin' pink lip leuco.......you pester the poor chap for months to take a cutting........you get it.........you see another plant in his collection......you pester him some more......the obsession continues! Do I need counselling?
confused.gif

Richard, I'm here for you man. I had psychology in high school... lol.

LOL...you guys crack me up. But...its all true. One is never enough... :)

Suzanne

Yep, I started around the same time Parasuco did, and in just over three months I now have eight flytraps, six sundews plus countless pygmies, seven butterworts, four Sarrs, a Darling, a Heliamphora, a Ceph, five Neps, a Genlisea, some Aldrovanda, and waaay too much Utricularia radiata! As for diversity, I have a total of 24 species plus one hybrid pygmy, and have at least one example of all but a few carnivorous genera. And I've only lost one plant so far!
smile.gif

Back