What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flower - ooooh lovely!?

• Thread starter Steve2276
  • Start date
  • Tags
    flower vft
S

Steve2276

My VFT has grown a longish stalk and is about to flower. I've read somewhere else that you chop 'em off - is this the right thing to do, or should I let it do it's thing? I wonder if flies are attracted to a nice bit a colour?

Cheers,

Steve

tounge.gif

VFT flowers are among the most boring on earth ;>
Preferable to cut them unless your dying for seed. Although it is best to get em while they are still very short as to minimize as much as possible the energy use to make a flower stalk.
Tony

Some say once the stalk gets taller than a few inches you might as well let it flower, since it has used up a lot of energy doing so. Check what the others have to say...

John

I would cut off the flower stalk unless you want seeds. The flowers are pretty plain and to me they smell sorta metallicy or acidic
sad.gif

Well seeing as it's my first ever flower, I think I'll leave it and see what it looks/smells like.

biggrin.gif

Back