What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water!

• Thread starter flytrapgrower
  • Start date
  • Tags
    terrarium
F

flytrapgrower

Thanks for all the help so far. Every one has been great!!
biggrin.gif
  Now another one.  How much water do I start out with in a 10g terrarium. I have the peat moss about 4 inches thich.  and how often do i water it?  Once again, thanks for all your help
tounge.gif

In my experience with my flytrap, I water the soil until it's pretty saturated, so if you put your finger in it your finger's noticeably wet. Not a very technical description, but that's what I did. Then I would wait for about 5 days or so to water it again, but I wouldn't go by a set day, I would check the soil every day or so and just see how the soil is. In my experience they can be overwatered, but some guys say they can't. I found when I had them constantly in soaking wet soil they would grow really slow and the leaves would turn black and die more often, but I don't know. Hope that helps.
-Paul

In a terrarium, you want to make sure not to overwater.

Test the soil ( like geko said )...adding too much water will cause rotting and mold...not good things.

I have some more information on the CP FAQ site

www.cpfaq.com

If you need some more help too, you can always send me an email jaie@petflytrap.com

Back