What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will repoting after a few weeks halm my VFT\'s

I bought to VFT's about three weeks ago and put them in what seems like a 5 inch pot. As you can guess, it looks a little bare so I was thinking of getting a six inch pot and putting the two I bought plus three more in this six inch pot.

Now I guess the plants are fairly mature as the traps are both medium sized and large so my question is - will I be harming my two traps by removing them from the 5 inch pots so soon after repotting and is 5 VFT's fine in a 6 inch pot? How much space should I leave between each plant?

vft do need alittle bit of space but i think that a six inch pot for that many plants should be fine but transplanting them so fast could be a problem i dont know its more of a judgement call on how healthy you think your plants are.

Plants typically don't like to be repotted (there are exceptions). If they have plenty of room I would probably let them grow through this season and repot next spring.

Why don't you just add more plants to the 5 inch pot? That way you can avoid stressing out the ones that are already planted.

Back