Mike,
A variation of the leaf cutting technique that I tried this spring and which seems to work very well, was to seperate the leaves from the rhizome when I was transplanting. It didn't matter if it was a large leaf or a leaf with the end half dead. I snapped the leaves off the rhizome 1 to 3 leaves at a time (kinda like pealing apart a celery stalk) and I stuck them in 2" pots filled with 1:1 sphagnum peaterlite and treated them like rooted plants. I placed them in bright indirect light by my south window. Of the 11 pieces I did this with, I only lost one (one the smaller leaves) when I didn't realize that I had washed the peat away from the base of it when I watered it. It was in a planter with several other VFTs that I water from above. All the rest are growing into nice little VFTs [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] .

edited 5-25-03 @ 10:30pm
I used one of my VFTs that only had growth on one side of the rhyzome so that it wouldn't form a nice rosette when it grew. I decided it would make a good sacri...uhm subject for this experiment [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/alien.gif[/img]