What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can vfts eat ticks?

I would not think so? Ticks have a hard shell but one less is good. Vft's digest soft body insects better then hard shell. If I saw tick - yes, I would feed to it my vft in a heart beat. I am sure they would get somethin' out of it...better then nothing. You could poke it with a needle to draw some blood
tounge.gif

Travis
smile.gif

I feed them to my VFT's a lot. You do have to keep an eye on them though. Sometimes they push their way out and if you come back later you see them crawling around.

I LOVE to feed engorged blood filled ones to my VFT's. Every once in a while we find one that has fallen off my Father In Law's dog. They look like little jelly beans with legs.

There is another topic I posted a few days ago with a link to a pic of a VFT next to a dime for scale and the VFT eating such a tick. The trap to the right and behind that one had been digesting an even larger tick for about two + weeks.

WildBill

Back