What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dormancy Help

I want to know if I live in South FL and I put my flytrap in the fridge can I put it with the pot and the small terrarium that i have for it? And what kind of fungicide is best for my flytrap that I can buy from exotic garden since i just got my plant, and where on the plant do i spray it? Also i have one green dragon and one common, the common had two plants but one died out. So is it alright for me to move the other common into the green dragon pot so i can make room for another plant? And if possible Id like to know the steps I should take to help my plant survive dormancy. Thanks!
smile.gif

We have setup a topic on dormancy in the General Dicussion Forum.
There is a lot of info going around in there right now.

I do not know if I would transplant the Green into the other pot. You take a chance on losing the plant. If it were Spring or Summer...I would say ok. But you are about to make it go dormant. I would either pull them both out or leave them in separate pots.
The Cleary 3336 is what you need for fungicide. You can mix some up and then 'dunk' the plant. Then 'dunk' it again with just water. That should give you the protection that you need. Or you can just spray the plant. The choice is yours.

So would it be alright to leave them in their pots during dormancy?

check out the topic in general discussion please.

Back