What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feeding ur vft steriods...

Now, you cant water your plant with a plant growth liquid...

but what if you soaked a bug in it or say had a captipiller and pumped it full of some....

same effect or since it take minerals through there traps, would it be good for them or what?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (sherkborg @ Sep. 09 2002,11:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Now, you cant water your plant with a plant growth liquid...

but what if you soaked a bug in it or say had a captipiller and pumped it full of some....

same effect or since it take minerals through there traps, would it be good for them or what?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Want a pure guess? You'll burn the trap.

Steve

I'd say that's more a sure bet than a guess. Your just changeing how you apply it. The results will be pretty much the same.

once my plant gets a few extra traps i think i should try it.

Not a super saturated bug..

but maybe soak it well.. inject it only with some?

would be cool if the trap received no damamge.

question... what do you think?

If i fed it a bug injected with it, the trap digested it fine...

is there anything else that could go wrong? (other then the trap getting killed)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (sherkborg @ Sep. 11 2002,07:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">once my plant gets a few extra traps i think i should try it.

Not a super saturated bug..

but maybe soak it well.. inject it only with some?

would be cool if the trap received no damamge.

question... what do you think?

If i fed it a bug injected with it, the trap digested it fine...

is there anything else that could go wrong? (other then the trap getting killed)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I don't think so--losing the trap is the defense mechanism against just such a problem.

Trim off the trap, but not the leaf, once it blackens, so that the plant gets some benefit of the sun.

Steve

Back