What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lighting...

FlytrapGurl

apple rings.. what more can i say?
How should I give my Venus Flytrap light?

P.S. If it helps, I live in Florida.

flytraps like lots of sun so you can either put it on a windowsill or outside where it can get a full day's worth of full to part sun or you can place it under artificial lighting for 12 - 16 hours a day

but since you live in a sunny warm climate id leave it where it can get a ton of natural sunlight

hope this helps

hey, i live in florida too, i just got my vft and since its so sunny out here i just put it in the sun when i can
but if it is in a terrarium have a artificial light for 12-16 hrs a day

just put it on a window sill.

If you put it outside in full sun it will do great however be sure to keep it well watered. Otherwise, a south, west, east or anything in-between facing windowsill will do.
smile.gif

Noah

I know I'm just a newbie too but this forum and others like it have armed with more information about growing VFTs than I can remember. Almost everything I have looked at says to go with cool white fluorescent bulbs. Some people mix and match with these and plant bulbs but most say that cool whites work just as well and are a fraction of the cost. I currently have my new VFT under two, 12 inch 40 watt cool white bulbs. I have the bulbs about 8 inches from the plants. I don't know if this formula works or not but from what I've read I should be OK.
Buckmaster

Back