What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vft updates

First, sorry I wasn't on yesterday.... I had to clean up the house with my mom for the annual inspection.

Anyway, I have good news. My vft seems to be perking up nicely... he's even getting some red in his traps!
smile.gif
I will be cleaning out the dirt covered traps with water tomarrow.

Now, I have a quick question.... should I go ahead and give the vft a cricket? He's got a couple of traps big enough to eat a 2 week cricket, and I'm wondering if the extra energy it gets from the cricket will help him grow more.

If I were you I'd try one small cricket. Wait to see what happens. Sometimes if a vft has not been feed in a long time it will have to get use to eating again. So take it slow. If the trap turns black and dies. Hold off on giving it anything else. Instead of feeding you could get some orchid fertilizer and mix it 1/4 to 1/2 what the directions says. Then get a q-tip and put a little bit on the leaves only. Do not get any in the soil. It;ll burn the roots.

*nods* I figured that a small cricket will do the trick. I will make a trip to PM sometime today...

Back