What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

seedling

Just got a new close up lens for my digital camera. I had to test it out real fast before leaving for work this morning.

VFT seedling that just sprouted last week.

vft%20seedling.jpg

Hey Seedling,
Nice! I have a few seedling VFT's myself that are a little farther along than that. I'd say they're two months old
confused.gif
Just a guess. Anyway, I took some advice from Wild Bill, and it seems to be doing me a great service:

Feed them as soon as you can! I have an aphid infestation on my pepper plants, so I'm feeding the seedlings copious amounts of aphids, and they're growing like mad.

That's good to know. I have a red eyed fruit fly culture going. I guess that when they develop traps I could could either give them parts of fruit flies or maybe squish some maggots and feed those to them.

Any clue as to when they start forming traps?

Within the next two weeks to a month you should have your first trap. I have a seedling too and its forming a trap right now. I can't wait. I just wish it would get big enough to not get knocked over if I try to water it!

Back