What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They arrived!

I'm excited! Oh, they are so small compared to the ones I got from the garden center.
smile.gif

Lots of black traps, the pink is still in them, but the green is very faint. Maybe that's an age thing.
confused.gif
I removed the black traps and "rinsed" them both with rain water and planted them in a 4 inch pot, 50/50 perlite/peat...very wet with rain water.

Got my book too (The Savage Garden), can't wait to read!

WHOO HOO!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

So how long did it take from when you placed your ordered? I'm asking because I live in Ontario and was thinking of purchasing other variaties of vft other than dentate/dente (I have 2 now) and others (i.e. neps, pings, etc.)

Also, I was reading old posts and saw that you use a ultrasonic mister. How is it set up? Do you have a pic? I was thinking of setting up a terrarium during the winter and thought it would be a good addition.

I ordered from Cook's, and it took 14 days. Long time to wait, and the VFT's are a little sad about it, but I'm gonna bring them back darn it!
smile.gif

The ultrasonic mister/fogger is just a small unit, about 2 inches high by 1 1/2 inches in diameter. It has a rubber sensor on the top that senses the water level, and automatically shuts off when the water level drops below the sensor. The unit is just that, and it's got a power chord that plugs into a wall. You can get switches with them that control the on/off high/low mist settings and a splash guard (because the mister kicks up a good spray of water, almost comparible to a fountain)!
There is no setup really. Drop it in an average sized 4 oz. cup of water or a sugar bowl for a terrarium, or a large bowl for regular home humidifying. I have difficulty posting pics, but I'd be happy to send one to your email if you're comfortable sending it to me. Send it via private message and I'll get you a pic so you can see what they look like!
smile.gif

you can send me pics to my email... cchang@globalserve.net
I'll be heading to "Michael's" to see if they sell any ultrasonic misters w/ splash guard.... even if I don't use it for my terrarium, I always wanted one sitting by the front door... looks cool.
smile.gif

Thanks

I think it just depends on your location. Cooks is in Oregon. I live in Texas and it took only 3 days to get my plants.

It probably has a lot to do with the package having to go over the border. That most likely takes extra time, expecially now-a-days.
sad.gif

With good reason though!

ive ordered a couple of my plants from cooks and my Luecophylla that came in excellant condition and still is only took 2 days!!!!!(probaly cause i live in Seattle,washington)
biggrin.gif

Kevin
tounge.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

Hmmm... From Oregon to Toronto, Ontario, Canada... definitely not a 45 min. drive.... hehehe
tounge.gif

Oops, wrong topic!

biggrin.gif

Nick

Back