What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

**CURSES INSANELY***

OMG OGM OGM OMG OGM OMGOGM OGMOGMOGMG

please help, today iwas takin in my plants from outside because it started to rain and while i was takin my common fly trap to put in the shelf THE POT SLIPPED OUTA MY HAND AND FELL TO THE FLOOR AND THE 2 BUBLS WITH THE TRAPS CAME OUT

it was ohne of those double orders, it was my FIRST cp!
it proly suffered massave shock and i hope it will live! it was growing SO NICELY AND BEAUTIFULY! i tried to get as much soil as i could and i planted it back into ythe soil and filed the tray with distilled water agian,

PELASE I NEED HELP ON WHAT I SHOULD DO TO HELP IT SURVIVE! i DO NOT have any SUPERTHRIVE =[

i have no clue what to do i just put the 2 plants back into teh same pot with as much soil as i could get and wantered it, the traps and leavs have little dirt peices everywhere, please any advice on what i should do

thanks! I HOPE IT WILL LIVE IT WAS MY FIRST CP EVER!

-stefano

please help ASAP!

It should be just fine. When the leaves dry you should be able to brush the leaves off. I have had ones that had spaghum in the traps and they surrived. They are more resliant than most people give them credit.
Marjorie

Hi, last year I knocked one of my vft`s off the windowsill it was sitting on,when I picked it up from the floor 2 of the largest traps were broken off and there was soil all over the place. My plant ended up being fine and yours will too. I think as long as you carefully put it back in the pot and the roots weren`t damaged it be ok. Good Luck and one more thing-I`ve learned the hard way the less you handle them the better.

Don't fret too much...they are pretty hardy. I had several of my VFTs repeatedly dug up by squirrels...I had to hastily replant. (BOY WAS I MAD!) But they recovered and grew just fine. I did end up losing about 5 that got dug up so many times in the fall I just gave up replanting them. As for the dirt, you can take a mister and spray the soil off (gently). I did that all the time last summer. Every time it rained, soil splashed up onto the leaves and into some of the traps. I'd just wash it out with gentle spritzes of distilled water (I also removed stubborn fly husks that way). They don't mind a bath now and then.

Suzanne

YO, imagine how I felt when in my half-awake-consciousness, I knocked a trough with pots of cephlotus, sundew, VFT and sarras over. When my mum came over to console me, I slammed the door in her face! I cried when I picked the plants up. Especially the sundews and my first cephalotus!!!

At least you didn't mow them with a lawnmower! I can't remember who did that now.

heheh,. thanks guys, i was a little paranoid, nepG said for me to replant em, so i might do that, thanks!

sorry for ur first cepholuts!

Alvin Meister, I belive that was Mondo who was the lawnmower victim. Well Stefano, like I said if the VFT's were/are in a 3 inch pot repot them to a 6 inch pot for 2-4 VFT's. So them you'll have a pot fulla them! That is what I did except I put all my VFT's plus an S.Leucophylla and S.Rubra in a 12 inch pot. You can get a look at it when thet realy start to grow as spring nears closer yet! Excitement awaits!
smile.gif

Back