Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: Venus-flytrap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (nightbreed @ July 28 2003,02:56)I find it sad that so many people have made a decision about God and the bible, but they have never read it. *All I can say is just read it, and I'm sure you will see the truth clearly.
    Read the book "Blueprints" by Maitland A. Edey and Donald C. Johanson.
    All I can say is just read it, and I'm sure you will see the truth clearly. Just keep an open mind.

Scot

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Last edited by Not a Number; 02-03-2016 at 02:19 PM. Reason: formatting

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops, typo, and another good point. Okay here we go again. Ezekiel was not written in 250 B.c.. I said the WHOLE Old Testament. Ezekiel was not written as the last book of the old testament. It was written between 593 and 571B.c.. So that left 593, 592, 591, 590, 589, 588, 587, and 586 before the seige. The seige began in 585B.c.. Anyway, even if Ezekiel was written in 250B.c. or 580B.c., it was not until AFTER A.d. 600 that fish nets were laid out to dry there. So it would not matter if the book was written after the siege. Also, it was not until 333B.c. that Alexander the Great attacked. That left about 100 years from 250 B.c.. Also what about the other people after Alexander? The Cruesaders and all them. That was way after 250B.c.. But then again, God wouldn't go through all that trouble if it were false, now would He? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

Respectfully,
    Wes

Oh, and if you have any more questions or comments, I want you to post them.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Hi Wesley,

To tell you the truth I am not much interested in a God who provides prophecy for battles and fishnets. If it is true, it's a neat trick, but if carbon dating is questionable I do believe exact publication dates B.C. must have a bit of wiggle room. No, a God who will impress me is a God who heals the world. I guess that is why Judaism is the only religion that has ever made any sense to me. The rest seem to want to make make-believe real or have lost their human heart somewhere down through the ages. Judaism, at its best, always seems so warm and humane with a focus on the here and now and not on questions and ideas that can never be proven or made real. I'm not religious but I would pick Judaism if I was. Plus, I always trust the origin of things to be the closest to the truth and Judaism is the origin of Christianity and Islam. I like originals.

Bobby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Biggun110, if you would just read the bible you would then understand God's goal. Until then, nothing is worse than an uneducated decision. He gave us free will and choice. Without suffering there would be no change. How many people do you know that when things are really going great turn to God. He is the creator and he created us in his image. I could give you hundreds of examples in everyday life. He loves us so much that he wants us to have a relationship with him. God is just and holy, so he sent his only son, to give us an example, he was the sacrifice, he died for us so that we could again have a relationship with him. Jesus was God's intervention. The old testament was sent to show us just how wrong and disobedient we are. We tend to forget that we are mear creatures and he is the creator. We are here to please God and the promise for turning to him is ever lasting life. If you want to call it a story, it makes much sense. It is worth taking a look into or at least reading what alernaive awaits you. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img] Since I looked into it, my life has never been the same. Everything starts to make sense. When you finally get it, you won't care much about man's wisdom called science.

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're talking about healling... I could lists instance after instance that would be as long if not longer than my topic about the prophecy of Tyre. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] Also God put us here and wants us to use science to learn more about His creation. That was His original intent when he gave us the minds that he gave us.

Respectfully,
    Wes
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Lord. I started reading this topic from the beginning, when I noticed it was 6 pages long! But, I do believe in evolution. But, (and this is from a Cristian prospective, and I'm not saying this is the only right way and please dont bite my head off) I believe other more influental forces besides nature haveto drive it. For instance, wolves would have never evolved into dogs the way they did if it weren't for man specifically breeding them, and changing the species into something of man's design. I believe that god does the same thing in our universe, but on a much larger scale, by changing the path of a living creature through different means (environment, death, mutation, etc.), and thus forming his own creations through evolution. In other words, god is the one who controls evolution from the first possible point in the chain of events leading to the change of the organism. Call me crazy if you want, but that's what I believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just read a couple of the first post...so I dunno where this is at...but I want to say that I believe evolution is a design God planned to happen. He gave plants and animals the ability to change, or evolve to live, and not die off. I don't think God enjoys death...one organism..or an entire species. I [U]do not[U] believe that there was just carbon and it "evoloved" into what the world is today. God enjoys all that he has made and gave them the ability to change...to live.
    I share your sorrow and your grief…Numberless times I convey my anguish.....

This is my story.

I guess that's a popular belief [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] . Even though it sounds different, I think we believe in the same thing Cerius. And, could a mod move this topic to the general discussions forum? I think it belongs there more.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122