What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red in Traps

• Thread starter Incubus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    vft
I

Incubus

Hi. I Have A Typical VFT. I Have It On A Window Sill With Nearly Direct Sunlight. About How Long Does It Take To Get It As Red As It Is In Some Pictures? Mine Is Barelly Partially Red. Does Anybody Have Any Tips On How To Get My Traps Really, Really Red? Is There Anything I Need To Do Special In Order To Get Them Really Red?? Thanks!!!

Give them a couple months... if they are going to turn red they will by then.

I must disagree incubus bcs I just bought a new typical VFT that was very pale and I stuck it under some grow lights to see if I could get some color and it's latest leaves are wicked red.

Full sun, about 5 hours a day outside would probably get them as red as they can be. Each VFT is different though, some stay pink, some go red. You can buy specific varieties which turn completely red inside. Try a Green Dragon from this site, or a Red Dragon if you want a completely red plant.

I saw a plant that looked like a scab inside, i almost thru up, its from the same company (same packaging aswell), as my best VFT, so I HOPE that it will turn out like that too, but it was the ONLY one that looked like that. I kinda want it even tho it looks kinda nasty...

My VFT took about 5-10 days to see a change then now it's traps are nicely tinted red-pink, and Parasuco your post is sickening.
tounge.gif
smile.gif

hey i need to know how to make my green dragon vft to turn red in its mouth but i dont have any grow lights

Feed it human blood to make it into a man eating beast! Or paint. Or I suppose you could set it in the sun for about 6 hrs of sun per day. Whatever works best. :cheesy:

Back