What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rare feeding

W

warpig

I am currently doing an experiment with my Dente fly trap. I am feeding it something that it would not normally eat, an EARTHWORM. If any one has ever done this please enlighten me on your outcome.

i've never done it , but it has been tried before . make sure that the wrom does live in your vft soil or else it will make it nutrient and the vft could die .

I haven't. But PondBoy has. Here is his advice.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Posted: Sep. 17 2003,01:16
Do not feed your plant worms believe me I tried it and it just made a stinky, smelly, dirty, scumy, mess! [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
That can be found in the thread:
Feeding your plant-list your pets food here!

Jacko

Well, its starting to digest it now. Ive noticed a red juice that has extracted itself a little bit from the trap. Looking at the flytrap with a flashlight you can see that the earthworm is turning to a "MUSH".

Well, your plant might be okay with it, but there's a greater chance it won't do well with it. That individual trap anyway. I do know that earthworms are a bit too rich for the VFTs...

To anyone who sees this do not feed youre vft earthworms. The trap started giving off this foul rotten oder, so i aborted that experiment,(CLIP)....

Back