What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I do this?

Ok, I got my VFT near middle of summer. Fed them tap water and killed one (plant) and the other started to die (lost 4 arms while it only has 5 left) and well now its on distilled water. Also while it was dieing I tried to reveive it by mixing a mircable grow solution and drenched it in it (let it seep through, and redump it back in, so it soaked into the soil and leaked out and got really...covered in it) and now after all that its SLOWLY recovering.... Now, winter is what? maybe 1-2 months away?

Should I make it go dormant? It had a rough summer and near died (the little not so persistant one died) and its not too full I must say... after 2 weeks it finally started to sprout new shoots. (has 4 traps, 1 left (trap died) and one dieing leaf)

So CAN I keep it not dormant or what are my options? I personally dont want to make it go dormant.

Distilled water good
smile.gif
... Miracle Grow bad
mad.gif

I would give it a thorough flushing with distilled water and forget about dormancy. It sounds like this plant needs some serious recovery time.

I agree, forget dormancy. I kept one of my vft's from dormancy last winter and it thrived, I would't do it to often though. occasionally is ok. good luck Jack

Back