What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

common VFT pic

• Thread starter Yonnil
  • Start date
  • Tags
    vft
Taken from late summer 2001
Hope you enjoy!
Dionaea muscipula.jpg

Quite impressive!! Are they yours?
Buckmaster

About how many different plants are in there? Where are they planted? That is an incredible pic! Nice job!

Oh..thank you for the compliment!
Well, give me five minutes(more??) and i'll count them
tounge.gif

No, in fact i don't really know how many are they, but i can tell you that they are growing from divided plants.Last year,I cultivated  them outdoors in full sun in a 20cm X 25 plastic pot.(sorry i m not able to do the conversion, i'm french)
Now, since they woke up from dormancy, i have repotted them in a larger pot.I use 70% peat and 30%vermiculite + lot of sunlight + rain water.
Yonnil

wink.gif
I admire your work! I just wish I could do something like that with my vfts, but that is imposible here in Chicago. ThanX for the info. Keep up the awesome work!

i wouldn't want to be the fly on that plant!! Wow!!
snap!snap!snap!snap!snap!
biggrin.gif

Great pic! Will they turn red, or are they all green during the growing season?

The reason I'm asking is that I am looking for a nice pic of health cluster VFTs (like yours) with red traps to use as a personal wallpaper screen on my computer desktop.

I have searched the internet for such a picture, but can only find small jpg size, which when enlarged to fit my screen, results in a very poor blurry pic
sad.gif

If you or anyone out there have such a picture (approx. 800x600, give or take
smile.gif
), would you e-mail it to me.

Thanks,

Hi
No they don't become deep red as many of VFTs...only soft orange -red coloured.
Also, on the picture, most of the traps are closed, so you can't see the colouration inside..
wink.gif

Back