What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I hope this never happens to you

My beautiful vft has been wrecked-some of it's leaves have been completly ripped out while others are all bent at un natural angles while some are just leaves with the trap half ripped off and all the off shoots are gone,..................MY VFT GOT RUN OVER BY A MOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i don't know how it happened i have it sitting outside my dorm(i am a boarder at a school)and i came back after school to check on him and found that he wasn't where he usually was and that someone had moved him in out of the lawm and into the shed. The plant was totally mutilatefd beyond beleif and the saucer was filled to the brim with grass clippings and the plant had only one functioning trap as apposed to when i left it this morning with 16 functioning traps!!!!!!!!!!I am gonna cry i am so angry i just need to vent my anger thats why i am writing this. So all the advice i can give to anyone whose vft is run over by a mower is just hope for all ur worth it will recover-thankgod vfts live in their roots!!!!i don't think the rhyzome was affected so i hope it will come back around-something similar happened to my vft about 3 weeks ago the guy came and mowed during school hours and just mowed aound my vft filling the saucer and top of the pot up with grass clippings which i cleaned out from the saucer and around my plant and it recovered but this time they just went too far and i am just so depressed i think i am gonna be sick! i mean i think some of the kids played with it too because it was moved to the enterance of the dorm where they could have easily messed with it and i daresay thats what happened. the guy probably thought this time he would move my plant when he mowed and put it under the shed. then the kids probably came to the dorm after school saw it and decided to much with it...........the kids at my school are all so immature,ignornt and narrow minded that i am not surprised they would do this i am just so angry my poor vft...........................

That is just a #### shame!!!
sad.gif
Mondo I am sorry to hear that.
Hopefully like you said it will come back and the roots werent dammaged.
By the way how in the heck do you run over a potted plant with a lawnmower? Ugh I guess it doesn't matter. I hope it recovers soon!
smile.gif

sorry to hear about your vft, that sucks! i hope it will recover soon!

I have a suggestion to perhaps get the most out of the snotty situation... Well, at first it may seem a little.... me. Uh, ok, perhaps if you removed all the leaves, and made rhizome cuttings. If you had sixteen leaves you must have a large rhizome, so why not get like, six or seven little plants out of your one big one. You could make a small army to attack the fiend who butcherd your carnivorous little pot of lace...

I like your idea parasuco :biggrin:

i found out it was a guy whipper snipping and i saw some kids poking around with my plant last night and spitting on it!!!!!!!!sorry to trouble you guys with this....

Sorry to hear about what went on!

THere is never any respect is there...

OK... I will go get my little shop of horrors cutting out of it's restraints in the walk in fridge... I'll have him crated up and on his way to you by the end of the week... that little dog downstairs that pees on my tires should make a nice wakeup meal, get him nice and primed for putting out on the sidewalk to eat weed whippers and spitting kids.

Mondo, I agree that the best idea at this point might be to make some cuttings.

you could also perhaps, write an article in your school paper about respect, citing what happened to your venus flytrap as an example of both disrespect from the students, and possibly the lawn care guy... I would interview him first though... he might not have seen it.

Mondo, that is really depressing. :shocked:
Do you have a school newspaper? RP's suggestion is appealing -- if you'd want to do that.
Chris

This is precisely why I grow all of my CPs indoors. Some people simply cannot be trusted.

Precisly why i keep mine in my bedroom, and why they dont get enough sunlight, and precisly why i have to spend money on bulbs. I own a younger brother.

phht!

Dang thats a long message and how is that possible to run it over with a lown mower who would do that

mine has white fuzz what is it.

Sorry to here that sad story Mondo, next time try spitting on the kids and weed eating the guy the weed ate your VFT
smile.gif
see if they like it
smile.gif
hehehe

I like that idea... Perhaps though... You should develope some sort of acidic substance in your saliva before spitting on them... And dont youse your standard weed eater... use that industriala sized tree trimmer...

Back