What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MY VFT CAME!

I give mine a week or so to get over the shipping shock and become adjusted to their new surroundings before i feed them. If they catch something on thier own though I don't worry about it.

Give it a while. Wait until it produces 3 new traps or more.

BUT I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
smile.gif

sure you can! just wait one little week, then feed him! He will reward your efforts with nice healthy new growth, larger traps and more of them! You can do it!

Well then if you can't wait mentally prepare yourself for a rotted trap or two
sad.gif

Also remember that its fairly normal for the plant to lose a few traps anyway just from the shock of being shipped. It's kinda like playing russian roulette with you plant it could be fine or it could realy hurt it.
Whether it looks healthy or not realy doesn't make too much difference, sometimes it takes a few days before the stress that the plant has gone thru to show.
One thing you will learn with growing CPs is that it takes alot of patience at times
smile.gif

James! phew you sound on the end of your string! Calm down and make sure u dont feed it people food! Give it a few days. It isnt that exciting when the Human feeds it though. Like the other day this stupid fly kept landing on my venus flytrap and trying to stick his tongue in a closed one (caught a spider) then he flew away and flew back and went into a open one! somehow the trap didnt trigger but he started doing his tongue up the side of the trap and SLAM! It shut quicker than u could say "davey jones locker"

O would wait a month if before triggering it........... I personally prefer to let some new roots start to grow... You can't tell. One month should suffice, and it will be 100% fine then...

Back