What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fungicide

I think I'm going to need some fungicide for my little 3 gal terrarium. I have a common and a Denete VFT in there. Anyone know of a fungicide that would be safe for them? The problem began as described here and has just gotten worse...a lot worse. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

The Clearys 3336 or Banrot that we sell here is safe for them.
Also be sure your plants are getting enough air circulation and light. Make sure the soil is not soggy...just damp. You can scrape off or remove the mold by hand and if growing conditions improve (lots of light and air) then the problem should get better. The fungicides should help too.

Well, I have the 3 gal terrarium from here. The top is left open, but should I try to setup a fan aimed across the top or something to increase air circulation?

I'll try decreasing the water I give them. I usually keep the soil on the soggy side. I'll order in some of the fungicide you sell here too and see how it goes. I have a 'warm light' CFL on them about 16 hours/day, and have a 'daylight' CFL on it's way in to replace that.

Thanks.
smile.gif

I was gonna write a whole new topic but since what I want to ask is so similar I'll ask it here.

My VFT is looking pretty $%&tty, it has black blotches on almost all the petioles and traps, only one leaf is almost perfect. From what I have read this is a fungus,(is this really a fungus?) If it really is do I apply fungicide on the plant and soil? Should I cut off the petioles with the black blotches even they that a lot of green still on them? Thank YOu

Back