What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tissue culture

ok, reading through the forums has armed me with so much information about VFT's it's not funny.  I do have some questions about tissue culture.

My understanding is that it is a way to create more VFT plants rather than growing seeds which seem to take alot of energy out of the plant.

How exactly is it done and does any one know any pitfalls or handy hints as well?  When my VFT's are bigger and I am competent at looking after them  I'd like to create more plants for gifts to friends and family.

Another method is cuttings. The plant has to be a fews year old? Am I correct. And does the cutting need special care or rooting powder?

(Edited by Wado at 9:43 pm on Jan. 9, 2002)

Hey don't worry about my questions. Further reading has answered them for me. Thanks and sorry for the waste of a post. BTW the VFT i'm having trouble with seems to be improving
smile.gif

Hi Wado,

I was going to answer but then I saw you're last post. Glad you've figured it out. Most everything is already on this forum if you look long enough. Tc is fun, you should try it.

Noah

noah can you post how to do it? i woul like to do the same thing, i have looked and had no success. so pelase noah can you post on how to reproduce more for friends/family, thanks

Back