What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homemade Cp Booster

• Thread starter timbudtwo
  • Start date

timbudtwo

Shoopdawoop
Is there anything that you can make at home that will boost plant growth gor cps? I want to try somthing other than superthrive!

you could soak eggshells in water but Im warning you it stinks!
Or you could do the peat tea which I know realy nothing about but Im sure you could find a few threads mentioning it.

I have done eggshells with Nepenthes, but I haven't tried it wirh VFT's.

It might work, but I don't think that the plants take up stuff from the soil. And mineral content is harmful for the plant ( right? )

You could go with eggwhites
smile.gif

Really the only thing that I have noticed will make VFT's grow bigger is time
smile.gif

And speaking of time, Bud...HOW you been? It has been too long to have you bless our presence
smile.gif

I hope that you have been well and many people have asked about you!

Hey Tim

Where ya been? :)

Suzanne

Gee, I feel so welcomed! WELL, for a matter-of-fact, I have out of cp's for a while, and you know what, it was miserably horriable!! But im back, and i can help out with forums and anything, moderating, accepting plants that are being tested out, free plants, free seed, free stickers, free certificates fre... err okay. Sorry for being away (for those who care :cheesy:). And thanks for the ideas. What exactly does the egg shels give off, calcium? Because I thought thats what eggshells were made of...oh well. What about chopped willow soaked in water? Would that help in growth or is it only good for root hormone?

P.s. People asked aobut me? Like who?

(Edited by timbudtwo at 8:23 pm on May 16, 2002)

one person i havnt seen in a long time is havron
hehe

i am one person who asked

I would stick with plain bugs. Dried blood worms have worked very well for my droserae and pinguiculas.

(Edited by CP2k at 2:27 am on May 18, 2002)

Put some dead bugs into the soil, Its all natural

Back