What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new shoot

got what i think is a green dragon,it has a few new shoots on it but one is round shaped dont look nothing like the others,what is it do they flower, cheers paul.

Paul, welcome to the forums. I'm gonna move this topic to the VFT discussion where the resident experts can field your question.

cheers and sorry for wrong location.

no worries!

You mean that the new plants that are forming on the side of the mother plant are flat and round?

If so, I have noticed that on some of mine. I have attempted to separate them, because I thought they were something else, and then I realized that they were attached to the plant.

I would wait and let them grow bigger and then you can separate them off the mother plant. You're a daddy!!

Only plants around a year old flower. I haven't never had a baby VFT to put out a flower.

The ones that are made here are about 1-2 yrs old out of TC ( the process takes 9 months ).

Hope this helps some, if not, then I got to here me talk
biggrin.gif

just kidding!

Hello Paul

Welcome to the forums!

Probably your new shoot is a flower stalk. The flower stems have a kinda round ball on the end instead of the typical "half moon" shape. Most people cut them off as flowering can weaken your plant. The flowers arent all that attractive. Just nip it at the base and let your plants keep growing
smile.gif

Come back to the forums often!

Suzanne

thanks will leave it for a while see what it looks like as never seen one before,at least i now know what it is.

noticed a definite difference in size of the next 2 new traps,lot smaller so decided to take your advise ,chopped them off.cheers paul.

Back