Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with my flytrap!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your water level is a bit high... I personally would go th the other extreme here, either dump what water you have in thre out, or soak it up with something, keep a tight cover to maintain humidity, and hopefully, you have a fan blowing in there some how to keep the air moving (Not to strong a fan, something on the order of a CPU fan for a computer. 5 inches maximum diameter)

OK, now, watch your soil closely, my guess is that if your terrarium is anything like mine, the soil will stay moist for another two to three weeks, but watch CLOSELY... don't let it dry out... when it gets just damp to the touch, not water logged, then you can put water back in the bottom... I think about just enough to cover the bottom so it doesn't pool up in places, maybe 1/4 of an inch... and let that go dry before you add any more... don't keep it at that leve.

Remember, flytraps live in areas of the bog where it's a little less wet, they don't like to be suba guys like sarracenia...

Now, if you ever add sars, go ahead and raise the water table in there, just add rocks or something under neath the flytrap pots, and they should be happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did u mean by soak it up with something? Soak it up with something to take out the water or leave like a paper towel or something at the bottom of the terrarium soaked? And thanks for the advice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12