What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dieing plantlets

Kate

Far too old to grow up now.
Okay, here's what happened:

at 8:30 this morning the landlord came over to replace some of the roof tiles, and patio screening. To do this he had to move some of my plants. I asked to please, if he was going to move my flytrap and water plants let me know, they can't be in full sun for longer than a few hours. He said sure no problem. He finished up about half an hour ago, and told me that he hadn't put the plants back because he wasn't sure where they had come from and didn't want to put them back in the wrong places. He left, I went out to put my plants back, and there, sitting right in the middle of the lawn was both my flytrap and my water plants.

They have had full sun all day and it's a scorcher out there today. The water plants I think will survive, the adult VTF is a little wilted but should recover, the plantlets on the other hand seem to be beyond saving. They are really wilted, some leaves even dry to the point of cracking when I picked up the pot.

Is there anything I can do to save them? I have moved them to full shade, with a humidity of around 90% gave them a little water in the tray under the pot(don't want to flood them and add that stress) but I can't think of anything else to do. any suggestions would be appreciated.

T.I.A.

Mae

i dont know if theres any thing you really can do, uh try to keep them in water and in partial shade untill they return to normal or whenever you feel like you can put them back where you had them.
Kevin
wink.gif

I would mist them as much as I can.try misting them every hour.
Spectabilis73

Thanks

I will try the misting, it's got to be more productive than crying

sad.gif

Dunk them. Then just them almsot at 100% humidity...

you want to remoisturize the parts that are still savable and severly dried up.

I would (what I do) is heavly spray it (so its not sitting in water but alot of water in the container) and then put it in something I can close so no water gets out. Then put a lamp on them and it will evaporate and such to let the water move around and keep it moist while it can grow.

Right now im getting some dryness so I enclosed it with some water and its just all fogged up and its turning a very very nice shade of green.. seems to love it once in a while.

Sorry your plants got scorched Maehem.  On a positive note VFTs are pretty tough plants and can take some abuse in stride.  My plants recovered after they got frosted 3 times this last spring.  They weren't adjusted to the cold temps yet.  As long as the growing point in the center of the plants is still producing new leaves there is hope for your plants.  You will, of course, lose the damaged leaves, but they will be replaced with new ones.  Continue with the bright indirect light and misting or place them in a covered container to keep the humidity high.  With this and TLC they will be back to their old selves in no time
smile.gif

Thank all

Just really P.O.ed that after all the time I spent babying the adult through to this point and it produced not one but 2 plantlets and now because of someone else's complete idioncy I might lose them.
sad.gif

Back