What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. muscipula "red line"

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
If you go to this page: http://bestcarnivorousplants.com/CP_Photos/cp_photos.htm theres a photo of a VFT they call "red line". Has anyone ever seen this 1 before? I think the plant is very cool looking and would like to obtain 1. Anybody know where to get D. muscipula "red line"?

Hhhm, a pretty rare VFT. A nice place to get that plant is just a hardware store. I remember got an all green,erect,and flat one from hardware stores. You may never know what is in store for you.

Wow, very nice plant. It makes me think of a Vft wearing lipstick. I guess the name Venus was pretty accurate.

Edit: Huh...I was just at the site yesterday, I never noticed the photo gallery

It's a trait that appears in typical VFTs sometimes, although not the tissue cultured sort which are all identical.

Stripe1.jpg

Wow Alvin that VFT is absolutely beautiful. Where do you grow them? I wish mine looked that nice!!

-buckeye

I can't take the credit for that one - I took that photo just after I'd bought it from Mike King
smile.gif

I grow mine in a polythene greenhouse though so they get lots of sun to bring out the colour. Unfortunately, they are so good at catching insects a lot of the traps on my VFTs were closed during August so not every plant is as red now.

Wow alvin that is so beutiful!

I'm confused. Is that a cultivar or more like a mutation?

wow alvin , that plant is so cool , i grow mines in light shade so my blood red trap does'nt look like that no more , its just light red . usually cultivars like that can only be found in tc in austrailia .

Back