What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growth time???

I was just wondering how long in takes for a new trap to grow to maturity. I just recieved my new VFT a few days ago and it has several new traps growing. One of these, while only a fraction of the size of the mature traps, already has bristles on it. If anyone knows a ballpark figure on the growth time under ideal conditions this might give me something to gauge my plant's growing conditions by. Oh yeah, the plant I chose is a green dragon. I don't know if the different types vary or not.
Thanks,
Buckmaster

Its hard to give an exact figure. Maybe 2 weeks or so maybe longer? But to a person ho has never owned one of these amazing plants before it seems to take forever! Just don't be tempted in prizing the juvenile trap open to see what it looks like inside!

i just got my first green dragon not long ago but i already have had venus fly traps and the common vft takes about 2 to three weeks depending on location of plant is it warm and is there lots of light. my green dragon is starting to send up good size traps and its been about two weeks and they are in an extremely sunny window. so just do go crazy waiting!

Back