What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vft looks dead

I was taking care of my plant properly inside, so one sunny day i decided to put it outside to catch some bugs. When I went back it didnt look good at all it was all droupy. I brought it in and it is has been shrivleing up to nothing.
Is it dead ? Thanks

The bad news is I think that you burned your vft. Sounds like it's not use to very bright light and the sun was too much. The good news is I think it'll be ok in the long run. It may lose all the traps that it has now but I think they'll grow back. It may look "dead" for a while but give it enough time to come back.

faddn5,
hopefully, when you put your vft outside, you put it in a tray of distilled water...

the droopyness seems to be from the sudden humidity change. i have experienced this myself several times. don't worry, yet. as long as it's still green in the center, it should be ok.

peace,
technoracer

in the long run, it will be better off outdoors anyway!
wink.gif

yes, plants that are grown indoors, then moved outdoors into the direct sun will have all the leaves fry to a nice crispy brown! happens to all my VFTs every single spring..just leave the plant alone until 3 or 4 new leaves sprout, the new leaves will take the sun just fine..then once you have a few nice green new leaves in the sun, cut off all the old dead brown leaves..
(and I would leave it outside..dont bring it back inside at all..)

Scot

Back