What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red pirahna

I like both aspects of the plant the resemblance to dente and any red cultivar. I'd like to know just how uncommon the plant is because I'm not sure If I'm going to get one or not.

It's pretty rare and I had to pay quite a bit for a small plant.

Piranha.jpg

not very rare as it was long ago as aposed today . i know a website that sells them if you would like to know , pm me .

on flytrap.com I was looking at the red piranha and it doesn't look like that. it is more of a red not orange. Any help?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mat_man444 @ Sep. 15 2003,4:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">on flytrap.com I was looking at the red piranha and it doesn't look like that.  it is more of a red not orange.  Any help?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Remember, Alvin grows his plants differently than the one in the picture. Different parts of the world as well, and for all we know a different clone. The colors can be different from light, or even a trace element in the medium.

The pictures that are listed both fit the description. I just don't see a justification in the cost just yet. I'll just wait to find someone with a loose leaf.
tounge.gif

hmmm.... Whether or not the cost is worth it isn't a big deal to me... I'm setting up a second mini-bog and I wanted a highlight.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it...

But I'm going to wait awhile till I have the money for a large order...
That might take awhile

I'm thinking about buying one of those and giving leaf cuttings for sase in the spring, but does anyone know for sure which cultivar it is? Also if you have another favorite cultivar, please tell me so I can get it instead.
smile.gif

the cultivar name is red pirhana , its not really a cultivar i think , it is a hybrid between dente and red dragon vft i think .

isn't it Fine tooth X red with different teeth?

It is in effect a Red Dragon but with Dente style teeth. I don't know how it was bred, but possibly those two varieties were the parents. My photo was taken in June and it's now more red and also larger.
Here's a photo from Rowan Begg:

VFT_Red_Pirhana.JPG

Fine Tooth x Red is a sawtooth crossed with some sort of red plant. It has nice scarlet traps and the teeth are more like extended triangles instead of the usual spines.

i have the fine tooth x red cross , does'nt look much like the dente , it just looks like a regular small vft with extra red . the creator of the red pirhana i forgot his name , but you can try to look thorugh the old topic in the trading post to find a topic about the red prihana , the creator , is also a member of the forum . good luck . i think his name was al read

Back