What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is my VFT okay???

Hi guys,

I potted two VFT's in one 5" pot about a month ago but recently one of them is going beserk with about 4-5 traps coming up and a seed scalpe whereas the other plant hasn't produced a thing since potting it. Both look fine with all the traps being green but one of them just isn't producing.

Should I be patient and wait while we're hitting spring now of is there a problem with my trap?

Thanks.

dont panic unless all the leaves turn black at once but give it time they can act weird sometimes

Hey NOLU

First WELCOME!!!

I am gald that you have found us.
smile.gif

When you trasnplant VFT's, they do go through some shock. It does sometimes take time to for them to get out of it.

Chinski is right.. As long as the plant hasn't died...the leaves are still there....you are ok. It will just take some time to recover.

Some plants recover faster than others ( that would explain the one growing like mad )

Or the other thing might be overfeeding the plant. How much have you fed the plant that isn't growing? If you feed the plant too much, it will sometimes NOT produce new traps. Feeding 1-2 times a month is enough. Any more than that isn't needed. ( if you feed them at all )

I hope all of this helps.

Please keep us informed about your plants!
smile.gif

I'll give it some time. They both look healthy but as I said, there aren't any batteries in one. I haven't fed them anything so it's not overfeeding but I did think about the plant in a little shock so I'll let you know when it stops sulking.

Thanks guys.

Back