What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My vft is turning red in an odd place!

L

lovely42503

My vft is turning red down at the bottom of the leave... like the stem part i dont know what is it... i am afraid that i might have left it out in the sun for a while! if you know what i have done or what this could be because please send me a message!!!! thanks!
~worried fly trap mother~
Lauren

Some of mine does the same thing. Sounds like you're giving it the right amount of light.

Welcome to the forums!

Ozzy's right. It's a good sign if your VFT is turning red. I think the only way you could possibly give a VFT too much sun would be to put it ON the sun LOL!  
tounge.gif

hey! thanks... but i live in GA so it is possible cause it gets really hot and stuff... but i think he is doing fine now. thanks for the help! i apriciate it!
~Lauren~

It'll be fine as long as it has plenty of water and humidity.
It'll take all the sun you can give it as long as it does.

I had one stalk of one of my baby typical VFT's transform in color.

It was very red with some green as the trap formed. Then it went red and the green portions went golden yellow (but not from sun burn). Now the upper leaf part is slightly translucent (almost see through)! The other stalks on this particular VFT are the typical green with slight pink that is common in the common VFT.

I was actually hoping the whole plant would go red and golden. It would be a really pretty VFT.

Back