What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PANICK ATTACK! PANNICK ATTACK!!!

No one has to worry about their VFT's getting to chilly in what? Zone 9? The only thing I would be worried about is if they didn't get cold enough. I live in zone 7 (virginia) and I have and bunch of VFT's that are living outside 24/7/365.

Okay, I'm in Florida also, so what would be ideal if you can't put them outside? I am a native so I don't use as much AC as a lot of people here, but I do have to use it. I think mine are getting too hot in my sunny east window terrarium. Who knows - I have had these for about two years, and they ALL went dormant for about a year because one had a flower stalk, but this spring shot out like crazy. I got a bigger "clear plastic storage box" to put them in. Now I am getting scared since they are kind of pale and some leaves (on different plants in same pot) are turning brown (just the trap part, not the petiole). I think I changed too many factors at once.

Back