What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mutated vft

Hi everyone,
I have some young vfts, about an inch to 1 and 3/4 inches. Anyway, the 2 smaller ones have these really healthy looking green leaves, problem is, the leaves are really, really wide, and have really small traps. It looks like some kind of butterwort! Is this a known kind of vft variation, or am I doing something wrong?
confused.gif

how big is the dimensions of the plant, leaf and, traps

It sounds ;ile this is dormancy related: with the rapidly decreasing daylength the plant is likely trying to increase its photosynthetic area to compensate. This happens about this time of year with my plants.

Yes, I think that it is a dormancy thing. As for the dimensions, the leaf is about twice as wide as the widest trap on the newer growth. Thanks
smile.gif

My vft`s are doing that as well,my typical has leaves 1inch long and traps 1inch long! I think it will be quite a monster next year! I got it at wally world half dead for $1.99.

Back