What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

flowering again?

is it normal for a vft to try and flower twice in a short
space of time? :eek:

im asking this becuse its only a small plant and was half dead when i got it 2 days ago.... :eek:
i think it WOULD kill it if it was to flower.

anyone?

Coma,
Since your plant is small, I would probably cut the flower off. Making the plant to produce flowers causes the plant to waste energy. If all the ``energy'' of the plant is gone, it will slowly lead to death.

yeh i guessed that so i cut it of as far down as i could,how about it trying to flower a second time tho? is that normal....

thx
smile.gif

I'm not quite sure if it is not normal or not. But my brother (hplants03) had a VFT (common) and it kept on flowering even out of spring time. There were around 2 stems per plant sometimes even three stems and their were five plants in a three inch plant. NO JOKE!!!!
smile.gif

Coma, what type of VFT do you have?

(Edited by eplants02 at 4:32 pm on May 24, 2002)

i think this one is a common ..(if it live's)
wink.gif
there maybe two in one pot as i noticed a very small plant under one of the leaf's not bad for £1.50
wink.gif

other than that ive got a large common vft and n.alata
and my baby sundew is just coming through now...still wait to see if my cobra lillys will grow (hope they do)

what about you¿

It's not uncommon for them to flower twice or during strange times of the year.

Back