What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I don't know what going on.

F

fernan003

Here is what is going on. I got a flytrap  (very cool) from school in spring. It grew for about a month. I have been watering it but nothing helps the traps are not growing at all. Could it have automatically gone into dormancy? If so what should i do? Is there anyway i could assit it in dormancy? Should i transplant it to a bigger pot and fresh soil? I give it as much sun as possible. Nothing i have treid works. My plant isn't dead because it is still green. I need your tips/suggestions. Thank you so much for helping.

Welcome to the forums

Have you been using distilled, or rain water? If not, tap water will eventually kill your VFT. I would not reccomend repotting it right now. Make sure when you water your VFT you are doing so from the bottom and not dumping water on it from the top, just let it sit in a tray of distilled water, or rain water. Keep the soil fairly damp, not soggy. Give it plenty of sunlight and you should be fine. Good luck, I hope I helped
wink.gif

Thanks for the tip. I'll do that. I have been giving it plenty of distilled water. Don't worry i would never use tap on my VFT. Is it o.k. to leave it in FULL sun the whole say then bring it in a night. I just wanted to make sure.

Hi Fernan003,
Welcome to the forums
biggrin.gif
!
VFTs love full sun and they can handle temps as low as the upper 30s. I've had the leaves on mine frozen several times, which killed the leaves, but the plant eventually regrew new leaves and is doing great. I also leave mine out all night, but I don't have critter problems like some do.

Back