What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

double planting

Can I plant my two VFT's together in one 4 or 6 inch pot? Keeping in mind they are each 2-3 year old adult plants. Maybe they would thrive better seperately in 4 inch pots of their own? Thanks for any help in advance everyone!
biggrin.gif

I think you can plant them together, but they have to be spaced apart a little bit so the root systems don't interfere with eachother too much, I would keep them in seperate pots though.  That's just me
smile.gif

Thanks! I was just going through old posts here and was falling in love with some of those beautiful pics of the VFT's that look like they'll burst out of the pot there is so many traps!
biggrin.gif

But I suppose if properly cared for, my two ought to do that on their own eventually, even in seperate pots. Right? Can't wait to see what happens...I'm so excited! I think VFT's are my favorite so far. But I'll be getting sundews soon, and I may fall in love with them too! Now if I can just get a purple pitcher plant...
sad.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

I planted 3 plants into 1 pot! 1 original one, which is growing way too big! (has currently 11 traps growing at once
smile.gif
and have planted a Akai Ryu in there, and an extremly small plantlet that I bought (total of about 30 plantlets) and that died but has come back to life by growing even more green traps. at the moment it looks like a dente, so i'll have 3 types of VFT in one pot! Sweet!

Back